Thinking of contributing to Penpot core but not sure where to start? We’ve made a curated selection of enhancements to help you with that. We believe that these tasks should be a great way to get started with Penpot development and quickly become an active contributor.
If you decide to start working on one contribution, please tell us so we can help you. We are willing to provide guidance, context and all the information needed. You can do it the way you are most comfortable with, but leaving a reply at this post seems the best option, so that the conversation can help others.
Also, you can find contribution guidelines at the Core code contributions guide.
Here’s the list of enhancements. These are all GitHub issues labeled with the tag contributions-welcome.
- Shift+Num0/Num1/Num2 as alias to Shift+0/1/2
- Drag on input to change numberical values
- “Ctrl” + “+” to zoom into Board/Canvas instead of browser’s default
- Show distance between elements while moving
- Nudge Option can’t move less than 1 pixel if Snap to Pixel is enabled
- Support for emoji sets
- Shift and drag to deselect
- Use tabulation to move between layers
- Ability to change shadows order
- Preview blend modes
- Round corners outline
- Paste layer in place
- Renaming layers
- Text layers automatic names
- Visual feedback for “K” (scale text) keyboard shortcut
- Line height “auto”
- Focus input when searching a file at the projects dashboard
- Click to select full values at the design sidebar
- Add copy invitation link to the invitation options
- Empty state for palettes (color, typographies)
- Typography palette order
- Duplicating objects should also work via drag + alt