Penpot local install

Hi guys, I’ve been trying to get Penpot up and running on my Server but I just can’t get through the Activation part. Can someone explain where that “disable-registration” flag is supposed to be placed at exactly? I’ve replaced it with “enable registration” at the config.env file.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi!,

Could you please detail whats your problem exactly?, what doc are you following to install penpot?.

disable-registration should be a flag included as part of the environment variable PENPOT_FLAGS. By default registry is enabled, adding enable-registration will have no effect

Regards,

Hi Alex, thanks for the reply! I’ve just followed the steps on Penpot’s website, but after running the “docker exec -ti penpot-penpot-backend-1 ./manage.sh create-profile” I still can’t login with the credentials created. Any tips on what I might be missing here?

Thanks

1 Like

I have the exact same question.

The flags are actually set in config.env file. If you change enable-registration with disable-registration, then nobody will be able to create new accounts in your instance with the "create account " link in the login screen.

You need to manually add users with the manage.sh create-profile command, as explained in the technical guide, or to provide an external authentication profile.

With the create-profile command you set the email and password of the user. You should be able to login with these credentials after going to http://localhost:9001. If not, there may be a problem in your server.

Please check if all the docker images are up. For example with docker ps you should see five containers:

$ docker ps
CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                       COMMAND                  CREATED         STATUS         PORTS                                   NAMES
64c9fd108bc0   penpotapp/frontend:latest   "/bin/bash /entrypoi…"   9 minutes ago   Up 9 minutes   0.0.0.0:9001->80/tcp, :::9001->80/tcp   penpot-penpot-frontend-1
72423504e59c   penpotapp/backend:latest    "/bin/bash run.sh"       9 minutes ago   Up 9 minutes                                           penpot-penpot-backend-1
96ebbca58114   postgres:14                 "docker-entrypoint.s…"   9 minutes ago   Up 9 minutes   5432/tcp                                penpot-penpot-postgres-1
d76113d3e4ea   penpotapp/exporter:latest   "/usr/local/nodejs/b…"   9 minutes ago   Up 9 minutes                                           penpot-penpot-exporter-1
8f8d42473914   redis:7                     "docker-entrypoint.s…"   9 minutes ago   Up 9 minutes   6379/tcp                                penpot-penpot-redis-1

And you can also check the developer tools in your browser. Press F12 key and check the Console and Network tabs, to see if you have any error message.