How to manage users in a Penpot instance

Greetings:

I am running a self-hosted Penpot. I would like to provide it as a service for a specific group of people and only that group. For various reasons I cannot have random people registering on the service.

Unfortunately, if I disable registration on the service there is no apparent way to create, manage, or (when necessary) remove accounts. There is no documentation describing how to manage accounts in Penpot.

Is there a way to add, manage, or remove accounts in Penpot? If so, how is this done?

1 Like

Hi. We have a command-line utility to create users:

Currently we are working in a more complete instance administation panel, but it’s still in development. Please follow our release notes, we’ll comment it when it’s ready to use.

I have used the script described in the link you provided, and created a new user account for a friend/partner.

The enable-prepl-server flag is also set. It was set when I ran the script. It still is.

I get login failures when I test the new user. This still occurs even though I restarted Penpot.

Is there something else I need to do in order to make this work? The script is apparently failing to create the new user.

Hi friend, do you have an command line to remove users?

is this what you mean?

docker exec -ti penpot-penpot-backend-1 python3 ./manage.py delete-profile -e <mail@user.id>