When is the next release 1.20.0 planned?

When is the release 1.20.0 coming and what is the name of this release? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello @Cristian_Onisor we will have good news soon!

What else you would like to see in this new release?

4 Likes

What else you would like to see in this new release?

Better variant options for components and prototypes (even simple things such as buttons and states) as until this is a feature I just can’t use Penpot efficiently :frowning:

Side note, amazing work on the grid layout, I have been playing around with it for a couple of weeks and especially being a front end dev as well as a UX/UI designer this is a huge feature along with the current Flex layout :heart:

3 Likes

@Sulcalibur we will have also some big news about components!

swap-comp

17 Likes

OOOOOOOOOHHHH MYYY!!! Now this is very exciting news!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

7 Likes

Another sneak peek of our next release:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif

5 Likes

Wow it looks like this upcoming release is gonna be really HUGE, looks very exciting !

2 Likes

This is me seeing this…

2 Likes

This is what I’ve been waiting for far more than a grid feature. I don’t even use CSS Grid all that much.

3 Likes

That’s the exciting aspect of the next release, it has a bit of everything for everyone!

5 Likes

Very keen. Hoping to see a desktop app (official support for this project?:crossed_fingers:) and performance improvements before V2.0.0 :sunflower:

But already, these features. Looking killer. So much fun.

4 Likes

I am actually, starting yesterday, working on a rewrite of the software. It’ll remain to be built on Electron for Webview performance across platforms.

Hopefully a lot of cool new things will be added and I have plans to a highly requested feature.

3 Likes

What means soon @carolina.portugal ? Happy new 2024 :smiley:

Hello, we are entering February 2024, do you have any news about the new release?

2 Likes

seems to be around the corner, any tentative date?

Our new release is just around the corner, expected in the next few weeks!

Our team is diligently working on migrating from the old components to the new version. This is a crucial step to ensure everything runs smoothly for you.

We appreciate your patience!

4 Likes

I come almost daily to check lol - :stuck_out_tongue:
My most frustrating sentence at the moment is - Penpot 1.19 official release! - See what’s new :rofl:

2 Likes

If you want to see the v2.0 horizon more clearly, follow this page instead: https://tree.taiga.io/project/penpot/taskboard/sprint-54-43

1 Like

Thanks for the info, we are eager to try it!
If been trying to hack a funny idea, without much luck.
An animated gif of the taiga link you sent to see how progress evolves.

Keep up with the good work :slight_smile:

Hi,

I see all the task are closed, can you give us an approximation on where could the next release be publish?