What is the roadmap for 2024?

I’m a new user of Penpot and I wondered several things about penpot.

I saw that Component states will be developped.

How and where can I see the roadmap of new features ?

Best regards

2 Likes

Hello @Stefan, we are still working on a more clear roadmap for 2024. However, you can see here what to expect from Penpot in the first quarter of the year:

3 Likes

Hi @carolina.portugal ,

thanks a lot for your quick reply. Do you plan to develop Components states ?

Regards

Yes! It’s in our plan :smiley:

1 Like

and… do you have an estimation of this update ?

Just watched the video. The CSS grid example is outstanding! :clap:t3:

The components look interesting but I would need to play around to get a good understanding :stuck_out_tongue:

Really excited for the 2.0 release :raised_hands:t3:

3 Likes

Huhu, it’s so sad I can’t wait for this 2.0 release. Is it scheduled for the first quarter of 2024? I really think it’s coming out this December, haha. Forgive me, I just can’t wait any longer! :joy:

3 Likes

We’re all waiting patiently :pray:

I’m not, I’m super impatient :cold_sweat:.
Grid is amazing but I can’t wait to try out the updated components.

1 Like

I have a full design system of 1000+ components waiting to be moved from Figma to Penpot , I’m waiting the 2.0 to start moving, hopefully we’ll see it soon!!

1 Like

@Raouf_Belakhdar Why to switch from Figma?

What are states in this context? U mean states like figma states for prototypes or something different?

I’m sort of similar. Just waiting to see how the component updates will work to build out the NuxtUI deisgn system for myself and others to use. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like using Figma, but I want to use Penpot for professional projects too. I’m not fully switching; I just want the option to use both for my team and projects. I have a bunch of resources I made in Figma to share with the Penpot community, but I’m not sure about moving them to Penpot because it might take a lot of manual work. I want to check out the latest Penpot version first before deciding anything.

I use Figma for professional work as that’s what we have in place. I am transitioning over to Penpot for personal projects and side hustles. I remember doing the same years back when everyone was on the Sketch wagon and I was preaching about Figma. Seems history is repeating itself :slight_smile:

1 Like

But why to switch for personal projects?

No (or just tiny) teams in personal projects. I can test new apps and workflows such as Penpot for my own projects. I work with GDS and they have a HUGE team, not as simple as saying, “hey guys, lets use this cool app now”. Even with smaller teams of around 10 or 20, you need to test the lay of the land before getting others to commit.

1 Like