Hello!
When will there be a fix for displaying the layout fonts within the layout itself after entering the layout?
Right now, when I open the layout, the fonts disappear, and everything in the layout, accordingly, disappears as well. I have to click through several text layers to restore the font display on the layout.
In my opinion, this is a critical bug that hasn’t been fixed since the early versions.
Scenario: I open the layout — the fonts are compressed or replaced with some incomprehensible ones.
Note: fonts (family, styles, and other attributes) are stored in tokens.
Thanks for reporting this! To help us reproduce it, could you share a short screen recording (or screenshots) showing what happens when you open the file, and confirm which fonts you’re using (Google Fonts, custom uploaded fonts, or local fonts)?
Hi Stan, thanks for the video, it seems an issue with font fallback but we can’t be 100% sure until reproducing it locally.
Could you paste here directly the text you’re using, or even attaching a file sample?
Also, could you tell us if you’re using the WebGL render?
Thanks!
This example does not use WebGL, but if it is enabled, there is no such problem (but the fonts may turn into squares).
I am using the Inter font in the example.
There is no such problem on design.penpot.ap, only on self‑hosted.
Ok, thanks!
Then, it’s a matter of the version you might have on the self-hosted. WebGL is going to become the default render, meaning that we’re mostly focusing on fixing errors on this engine. I’ll check with the inter font. In recent versions, square should not appear, they might appear during a small fraction when loading the page for the first time if the fallback fonts needed to render all characters are still being loaded, but should not appear once loaded.
Now I’ve updated the version on the server and I’m using version 1.18.1 with WebGL, and it seems the problem has gone away, but I’m concerned that WebGL is in the beta version.