Penpot Desktop Project

Hello @Adrian_Ling right now we are looking for a developer to improve the desktop app:

1 Like

For anyone looking for the source code of the Penpot Desktop project, the code hosting must have moved because it is now available at https://ark.sudovanilla.org/Korbs/Penpot-Desktop. It is still discontinued, though.

I looked into the project and can share the good news that it still runs. I also wonder if it should be revived and in what form.

In its current state, the Penpot Desktop is like a Penpot browser. It is similar to opening the Penpot app (the official or a self-hosted one) with a Chromium-based browser (Chrome, Edge etc.), but with a dedicated UI. That means customisation is possible around the app, but limited in the app itself. That may be enough, but it depends on the expectations towards a Penpot desktop app.

With that, I thought I would check with others on how they see Penpot’s desktop experience. What do you expect from a Penpot desktop application? How would it benefit you compared to opening the app in a browser?