we are working heavily on a file with around 10 contributors and suddenly the file is showing us an internal error and really something bad happened.
we are working on your SaaS. downloaded the file and double checked on a local docker installation brought us the same error / behavior.
the console shows a validation error / 400 bad request.
a .log and .penpot file is attached for further examination. cannot upload it unfortunately, maybe because I am new?
hope you can help us out because there is quite some work already done.
Could you please include the problematic penpot url file so we can check what’s happening on the file?
sure: Penpot - Design Freedom for Teams
or is there another way to share the link?
That’s enough thanks, we are working on it right now, sorry for the inconvenience!
We found some corrupt data related to some components in your file. “Tab Bar Mobile Item / Inactive”, “Tab Bar Mobile Item / Active”, “Tab Bar”. Right now we are working to fix your file so you can access again.
It would be really helpful if you remember if you did something special related to those components.
alright, I will ask the team and come back with more informations. can you let us know when the file is fixed and ready to use again?
thanks in advance
Thank you very much!
Sure, as soon as it’s fixed I’ll let you know
We just deployed the fix to design.penpot.app, reloading the file shouldn’t produce more problems
thank you, the team is thrilled and we will try to update the file with all our side-progress from other files.
we planned to split the file and work more with shared libraries, so we wouldn’t compromise that much progress anymore.
what do you suggest? keep everything in one file and you can learn from our mistakes or split it and be more safe?
tank you for fixing, if you have any tipps / insights what went wrong and what to avoid in the future, please let us know
I think probably spliting the file and working with shared libraries would be the best way for your team.
Probably we have some kind of race condition on the components are, we introduced some code to detect those situations and fix them. Anyway if you detect something not working as it should or remember what happened to the problematic components that would be great.
Thank you very much!
I was working with these components when the error occurred. I was trying to update the main component, but each time I updated the main component, every instance with overrides got reverted to the default look. So, I tried to undo the action and update again a couple of times, then the error occurred.
Hmmmm, that’s really helpful!, thanks!
expect more of these from our team