Basic image editing / transforming tools

I was trying to crop an image in a file and when I click enter to edit it, I get anchor points. If I move one of the anchor points, let’s say bottom right, it is cropping that portion of the image but when I move the bottom left, the image gets skewed. What I want here is when I move the other anchor point, it should crop it. For skewing, there can be another option when I click to edit

While masking is a workaround for my use case, a simple image transformation tools will be of great help IMHO

Lunacy by icons 8 has a good set of basic image transformation tools.

I’m not sure if I’m missing something here or if there’s anything in the roadmap

1 Like

Hi @pmabdullah87 :slight_smile:

With the arrival of Penpot 2.0, some exciting improvements are being introduced. You will now be able to use images as fill for shapes, which opens the door to much more advanced and versatile editing. This functionality will allow you to create richer and more detailed designs.

Furthermore, the Penpot roadmap includes even more advanced image editing. Among the new features, there will be the ability to cut and manipulate images directly within Penpot. This means you can adjust your images without needing to resort to other tools, simplifying and speeding up your workflow.

I greatly appreciate your suggestions and feedback. They are invaluable for the ongoing development of Penpot. We hope to meet your expectations very soon and continue improving the platform for all users. If there is anything else you would like to see in Penpot or if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to share.

Your feedback is crucial to us!

1 Like

Thanks. Looking forward to it