I’ve been on Penpot for moreover than a week… and honestly it is amazing
. My only feedback would be to improve prototpying in Penpot—for texts specifically, I hope it had more animation styles, suppose, the slide animation, yeah? But for each letter matching the general ms speed for the animation. I wonder if it’s optimization it takes a toll on, for it to be a feature
… but, It’s just that making each letter a component and then prototyping each letter for it’s animation on the word is kind of tiresome. I know lottie animation and files exist, but an integrated feature like this would be pretty convenient. Oh and maybe a collapse or sliding inward animation for general stuff? That would be such a nice add for buttons, bars, and more. That is all, much love on the production of Penpot <3
2 Likes
Hey @Yellowsansw! I’d love to know more about what you’re working on and where these animations fit in (this will help the team understand your use cases!)
I don’t know if you’ve had any time to check out the rest of the community, but @girafic has made a really cool prototype for keyframe animation “Penpot Motion” that might interest you:
3 Likes
Text animation is work in progress at the moment in “Penpot Motion“ in the experimental branch.