Dragging any interaction setup and not linking it to anything removes the entire interaction

Hey Everyone - I’ve been using Penpot a lot recently and am blown away by its amazing capabilities.

One thing that I noticed is if you are trying to create an interaction by dragging on the arrow and don’t attach it to another element, the initial interaction is lost. I am attaching a video to show this as well.

Screen Recording 2023-04-24 at 12.57.51 PM

Not sure if this is meant as a feature but I definitely have to do some re-work and has a bit of learning curve ot it. Wanted to know from the community about their thoughts!

Not sure if this is meant as a feature but I definitely have to do some re-work and has a bit of learning curve ot it.

It seems that it does the same that figma does (this does not mean its inherently good, but it will be familiar to many users)

I could see two alternatives:

• Keeping the arrow and action (which would mandate a separate arrow-deletion action and would potentially clutter the canvas with not deleted interactions)
  • Deleting the arrow but remembering the actions and assigning it to a future interaction drawn from this element (harder to predict, since old, potentially forgotten interactions influence what happens now)

Considering the alternatives, I think the current behavior makes sense, even though I see that it does have downsides, too.