Could I make Korean community in Korean language here?

만나서 반갑습니다. 한국에서 일하고 있는 디자이너입니다.
Hi, I’m a product designer in South Korea.

현재까지 Penpot은 잘 알려진 도구들에 비해 날 것 그대로지만 앞으로 잠재 가능성이 보여 흥미롭습니다.
So far, Penpot is raw compared to other well-known tools, but I see potential in the future. I’m so interested in it.

혹시 스페인어와 포르투갈어와 같이 이 커뮤니티에 한국어로 된 채널을 만들어 볼 수 있을까요?
Is it possible to make a channel in the Korean(한국어) language like Español and Português in this community?

그 이유로는…
The reason is that…

1. 저를 포함하여 한국에 있는 다른 디자이너와 개발자들이 가까운 미래에 이 프로젝트와 관련해서 번역, 온오프라인 이벤트, 기술적 조언 등에 도움이 될 수 있을 것 같습니다.
    Designers(developers) and I in Korea will contribute to this project through translation, on/offline events, technical advice, and more in near future.

2. 모국어를 사용하면 아무래도 현지 사용자가 편안하게 토론하고 가벼운 프로젝트 대화를 할 수 있을 것 같습니다.
    Using the native language makes it easy for local users to discuss and have casual project conversations.

3. 개인적으로는 스타트업 디자이너나 개발자, 학생과 교육자 그리고 비영리기관의 디자이너들을 위한 이런 오픈소스 프로젝트를 좋아하기 때문에 한국에서도 이 프로젝트가 성장하기를 바랍니다.
    I personally love open-source projects for start-up designers & developers, students & educators, and designers in non-profit organizations. For this reason, I hope the project grows as well in South Korea.

3 Likes

Hi @seulki the reason we only have Spanish and Portuguese as subcategories is because they are the languages our team can support. In order to create new subcategories, we need an active community in that language and also an active user to support them as moderator. Meanwhile, the Korean community or any other nationality can post it on the category “Penpot in your language” in their native language with no problem.

1 Like

I would like to help organise a Korean-language community as well. Please feel free to reach out @seulki !

1 Like